Friday, October 22, 2010

Lines: On a quote by Oswald Chambers

"Doubt is not always a sign that man is wrong;
it may be a sign that he is thinking."


Can you prove it to me as true?
Can you let it exist through you?
Let me be proof of my beliefs.
If i close my eyes i can barely see.
Black and white should not define
the colours of my life.
Life is a curious thing.
We first run from it
afraid of the darkness it brings
Then cling to it and hold it inside
Like lovers hungry for more
Entwined inside this darkness
Our emotions hide
Pulling on yet pushing out
the bittersweet world it knows.
We want to change, to make things "right"
but what we find we no longer want.
If i close my eyes i can barely see
the person that i want to be
the person that i mean to be.
Through all my corse agitation.
Through all my rough jokes.
I want to be something i long ago lost that
My friends and i used to joke with
but now that is gone.
My situation is quite normal but that does not help.
i've loved someone, i'm sure of that now.
So what if he shuns my existence,
tells me lies?
(or at least he used to,
It was better like that.)

Wow... okay this was written way back in 1994 and my goodness it's so funny for me to think of the way i used to look at my life as being so long when i was so young... 

No comments:

Post a Comment